the pearl

Four Weddings, No Funeral

San Francisco, Valentine's Day, 2004

"I can't believe you kept this a secret from us for so long!" Piper said, shaking her head.

"Yeah, Grams is gonna be so pissed when she finds out..." Phoebe said, grinning.

Paige shrugged. "I don't know," she said. "It seemed like there was always something else going on, and then when this came up, we just thought we had to, y'know, take the chance..."

"We were going to tell you," Eva said, holding her bouquet. "But when we heard the news, we figured..."

"What better way than to just do it?" Paige finished, grinning as she adjusted her veil.

 

The Burrow, June, Post-War

"Speech! Speech!"

Harry blushed, grinned, tried to straighten his hair up again, then, finally, stood, a little shakily, holding a glass of champagne in his hand.

"Um...yeah..." he said. "Ever since I was twelve, I knew I wanted to be a part of this family," he said, gesturing towards the large contingent of smiling redheads around him. "But at that age, I was thinking adoption..."

The huge crowd laughed.

"But, thankfully, there was someone who was willing to teach me differently..." He looked at his new husband, smiling widely, and felt tears prick his eyes. "Thanks, Ron," he said.

 

Tuzanor, Autumn, 2287

Susan Ivanova was nervous.

And everyone knew it.

"You can't be nervous over this," Michael said, shaking his head and laughing. "You've gone up against God knows how many situations that were a hell of a lot deadlier than this one, and you're nervous over marriage?"

She bit her lip and sighed. "I know, I know. But..."

"But nothing." He straightened her collar. "When you get out there, you'll see Delenn, who, I can say, looks fantastic, and all that nervousness will disappear. Believe me, I know." He held out his arm. "All right?"

She smiled and took his arm.

 

Craggy Island, Winter, 2003

"So, uh, Ted...about this 'gay marriage' thing Bishop Brennan keeps on going on about..."

Ted looked at Dougal and sighed. "Yes?"

"That thing, y'know...with The Gays marrying and that leading to fornication and hellfire and, y'know, really bad things or something..."

"Yes, Dougal, I remember. What about it?"

"Well, uh...wouldn't this count?" Dougal pointed.

Ted looked over the couple standing in front of him, Father Jack wearing a tattered and wine- stained wedding dress with matching veil and Father Noel grinning and waving at everyone, a top hat tilted on his head.

Ted shrugged. "Whatever. Ready, you two?"

This Charmed/Harry Potter/Babylon 5/Father Ted story was written by Kate Bolin. If you liked it, there's plenty more at http://www.dymphna.net/fanfic/. And you can feedback her at dymphna@dymphna.net.