the pearl

Lesbian Chic

Harmony flipped through the latest issue of Cosmo, as she sat on Cordelia's bed. "'100 ways to improve your orgasm'," she read aloud. "Why would you want to? Cliff and I seem to be doing fine..."

Cordelia looked up from her W and gave Harmony a glare. "Harmony, if you think Cliff and you are having a good sex life, then you're obviously doing it wrong. And, no, I don't want to hear about it."

Aura turned away from the mirror. "Does this face mask actually make your pores smaller?" she asked

"Well, maybe if they were already rather tiny, like mine," Cordelia replied smoothly. "But go ahead, give it a try..." She paused for a second, looking at Aura's blue mud-covered face. "Since you already are."

Harmony flipped the page. "'Bisexuality in modern America'..." she read. She looked down at the article, then screwed her face up in disgust. "Oh. My. God."

"What?" Cordelia looked up from her W again with a sigh.

"This is like...girls having sex with other girls..." Harmony pushed the magazine aside in disgust. "That's so gross! Why would anyone want to do that?"

"I heard it's because they want to be men," Aura piped up from the mirror. "You know, like those girls at school who wear those long skirts and listen to Indigo Girls?"

"Those're lesbians. They hate men," Cordelia said crisply. "Maybe if they took a bath every once in awhile, they'd actually get a man..."

Aura giggled. Harmony still stared at the article. "No, like this article is women who have sex with men and women. That's sick! Can't they just choose one?"

Cordelia rolled her eyes. "Jeez, Harmony. Stay stuck in the 50s, why don't you?" At Harmony's blank stare, Cordelia sighed. "Haven't you paid attention to anything? This was like hip. Lesbian chic and all that." Cordelia looked back at her magazine. "Of course, it was just a fad."

Harmony frowned. "But I just don't see it." She looked up at Cordelia. "How can you want to kiss a girl? To do...ugh, I can't even think about it."

Cordelia shook her head. "Well then it's good that you were never very hip, huh?" She looked at Aura. "You better go wash that off — it might start burning and then you'll have even worse skin." Aura glared at her for a second, then went off into the bathroom.

"I just don't understand..." Harmony said, still looking at the magazine. "How could someone so pretty get with a woman when there are so many hot guys around?"

Cordelia sighed. "Harmony..." she said in an exasperated voice. Suddenly, without any warning, she moved across the bed, lifted up Harmony's chin, and gave her a kiss.

The kiss started out dry, lips pressed against lips, but Cordelia, amazed at the softness of the girl beneath her, opened her mouth, delicately sliding her tongue against Harmony's lips, wrapping her arms around the blond girl's neck, pulling her closer as Harmony opened her mouth, fumblingly pushing her tongue into Cordelia's.

Then, just as suddenly, Cordelia moved back to the other side of the bed, wiping her mouth slightly.

Harmony stared at Cordelia in shock. "What was that?" she asked.

Cordelia looked at Harmony, shaking her head. "Harmony, you'll never understand..." she said tiredly.

This Angel/Buffy the Vampire Slayer story was written by Kate Bolin. If you liked it, there's plenty more at http://www.dymphna.net/fanfic/. And you can feedback her at dymphna@dymphna.net.