the pearl

Meeting In The Park

Rupert Giles met her in the park. "Good afternoon, Joyce," he said quietly. He sat down next to her on the bench. "How did she take the news?"

Joyce Summers sighed. "Well, she was stunned at first. Then I think she was a little....'grossed out'." She chuckled softly. "But after this summer, she's grown up. She can handle it."

Rupert smiled relievedly. "That's great," he said. He reached for her hand and held it tightly. "Are you sure you want to go through with this?"

Joyce smiled. "Rupert, when Buffy told me she was a Slayer, you were the only person to sit down and explain it to me. How was I supposed to know that those late nights over books would make me fall in love?"

Rupert closed his eyes for a second, saying "Goodbye" to Jenny for one last time. "Joyce," he said, his voice low. She turned to him, her eyes shining. He reached into his pocket. "Will you marry me?" he said.

Joyce looked down at the ring, then up at her lover's eyes. "Yes," she said, her voice shaky with emotion. "Yes, I will."

This Angel/Buffy the Vampire Slayer story was written by Kate Bolin. If you liked it, there's plenty more at http://www.dymphna.net/fanfic/. And you can feedback her at dymphna@dymphna.net.