- Although these aren't seen on the fanfiction pages, submissions to Slightly Left of Venus require these basic headers:
Title - the title of the fic
Author name - your name
Email address - an email address available for feedback
Summary - a short, complete summary. "Sequel to" or "Random silliness" does not count as summaries. Think in terms of complete sentences.
Pairing - which characters are in your fic
Rating - use the MPAA ratings (G, PG, etc.) instead of the television ratings
- Grammar and spelling
- Always check your spelling and your grammar. if you're not certain, find someone to read your fanfiction for you.
- Make sure your story is appropriate for the site
- A seemingly basic concept, but it's necessary. This site is strictly female/female slash fanfiction. No male/female/female threesomes, no male/male, no female/male.
We accept all ratings and all femslash pairings.
- Save as plain text
- In your text editor, go up to "save as" and save as "plain text".
Be certain to remove "smart quotes" and "smart ellipses", plus any exotic characters. To remove "smart" punctation:
- In Word:
Go to Tools. Go to AutoCorrect. In the first tab, there is a list of autocorrect items. Delete the ellipses. Then go to the next tab, and de-select the smart quotes.
- Save as plain text. If you want to double-check, open the file in Netscape or IE and see if there are any strange characters.
- Copy/Paste into an email, and send to firstname.lastname@example.org. And that's it!